Theta Brain waves are closely associated with meditation and generally occur during dreaming sleep and deep trance states. Theta brain waves fall into the range between 4 and 8 Hz.
When Theta brain waves dominate many benefits can be achieved including:-
- Stress Release: Theta Brainwaves can lower both physical and mental stress. Most people will be familiar with this sensation from the deep sense of relaxation that they feel just moments before they drift off to sleep. This is when Theta brain waves are most prevalent for most of us.
- More Energy: People who experience Theta brain waves regularly have more energy, because the relaxation induced by them gives the body more rest and as a result they have more energy when they emerge from the Theta brain wave state.
- Better Healing Abilities: While the mind is in the theta brainwave state the body has opportunity to repair itself. As a result people who regularly experience Theta brainwaves can more easily recover from injury and illness.
- Improved Learning: Theta brain waves are also associated with the ability to retain more information while studying. Any students who can induce a theta state while learning will find they have much more productive study sessions.
- Increased Creativity: Theta brainwaves a produced in abundance by artists and musicians, so if you can produce more theta brainwaves it follows that you will be able to think more creatively.
- Better Memory: I suppose this is closely related to the improved learning function of theta brainwaves, but they also help retrieve memories, They are also tied to greater access to the subconscious mind which is heavily involved in storing memories.
- Subconscious Communication: Theta brain waves are closely associated with subconscious communication enabling you to reprogram deeply held limiting or un-helpful beliefs, such as phobias and addictions.
Theta brainwaves are also believed to be linked to lucid dreaming i.e. Being able to control your dreams, the ability to have out of body experiences and development of psychic powers, by those that have faith in those experiences.
So how can you can you take your brain waves into the theta spectrum at will and take advantage of all of those benefits that they offer?
Brain Entrainment simply involves using an outside stimulus to synchronise the brainwaves to the required frequency. We are all familiar with the situation where we listen to some music and find ourselves tapping our feet, or drumming along with our fingers to the beat. Well the same situation occurs in our brain, except we are not aware of it. Brain Entrainment is achieved by listening to sounds at the right frequency so that the brainwaves become synchronised, or in time with that frequency. Once our brainwaves have adjusted to the theta range we can start to reap all of those benefits we have discussed.
Companies such as Mind Sync produce entrainment audios in both CD and MP3 format. It takes roughly 6 minutes listening to one of these tracks for the brain to become entrained to a new frequency, which is most often brain wave theta, as this permits the subconscious to become influenced most easily.
Obviously once you have acquired the entrainment audio files, you can use them as often as you like to achieve any or all of the benefits detailed above. There is no need to keep having prescriptions filled or spend the lengthy amount of time and effort it takes to achieve brainwave theta level with un-assisted meditation.